Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finding your mojo again

It is a funny thing how as we get older, we tend to let life and its stresses overcome us and distract us from the very activities that keep us sane. As we gain balance and return to some sense of normality, we continue on our journey and don't seem to pick up our sanity buffers again. We either just forget about them and then one day we start listening to some music we haven't heard for a while, and wonder when did we decide to stop listening to this in the first place?
I've had a few moments like these over the years. Slowly, I'm learning to pick up my sanity buffers again and retain them this time. I don't recall giving myself permission to dump them in favour of stress, but yet I know it happened along the way. What is lovely however, is rediscovering the joy of why you liked doing something in the first place.
While on facebook I noticed this great link to 'finding your voice again' by Tara Sophia Mohr. It echoes what has sometimes occurred in my own life, in relation to art, and is worth reading. It's good to question your mindset and give yourself a chance to reset it if you find it isn't working for you. Finding your mojo again is part of living a happy life.
LINK - http://taramohr.com/2011/01/getting-your-voice-back/

No comments: